Who We Are
The website www.scubamallorca.com is operated by Scuba Mallorca so that Scuba Mallorca may contact you with information and promotional offers relating to scuba diving which may be of interest to you.
Where we use “we”, “our” or “us” in this privacy notice, we mean Scuba Mallorca unless we say otherwise. Where we use “our site” in this privacy notice, we mean www.scubamallorc.com.
Company: Scuba Mallorca
Company number: B57009748
Country Incorporated in the EU
Registered office: Scuba Mallorca, Carrer d’Elcano 23, 07470 Port de Pollença, Mallorca, Spain.
The information we collect about you
Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect information about you and the device you are using, including:
- information about which pages you visit and which resources you use on our site
- information about how you got to our site
- your internet protocol address known as your IP address which is used to connect your device to the internet
- your device’s operating system and platform
- the type and version of the browser you are using
- browser plug-in types and versions which extend the functionality of your browser, for example Pinterest, Evernote and Adblock
- MAC addresses which are used as network addresses for Wi-Fi and Ethernet
- traffic data, which is aggregated information about the number of visitors, sessions, users and page visits to our site
- location data
- time zone setting
We also collect any information you provide to us directly by filling in any of the forms on our site.
If you sign up with us, we will also collect:
- your name
- your email address
- your postal address including postcode
- confirmation that you are over 16 years of age
Please note that as a user of our website, you are responsible for keeping your login information including your password confidential. If you believe that your login information or password has been compromised or that someone else has accessed your account, please notify us immediately by contacting us at www. scubamallorca.com
Where do we get your information from?
We collect the information you provide to us directly by filling in any of the forms on our website.
Why do we need your information?
We need the information we collect automatically about your visit to our site to:
- administer our site
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so
- analyse how visitors use our site (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices)
- improve your online experience
We need the information you provide directly by filling in any of the forms to:
- send to you relevant and appropriate offers and promotions
- contact you about those services on our site in which you have expressed an interest.
You do not have to give us any information or confirm that the information we have obtained from other sources is correct.
Who do we share your information with?
We sometimes share some of your information with other organisations.
We also use a number of carefully selected third parties to supply us with IT
products and services. We will only share your information with our suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need.
Where is your information stored?
Your information is generally stored on servers and filing systems in the European Economic Area which includes the UK. From time to time it may be stored in or accessed from countries outside the EEA. Where this may happen, we always make sure that there are appropriate safeguards in place, such as the model contract clauses, binding corporate rules or the EU-US Privacy Shield, to guarantee that your information – and your rights – are protected to the same high standard as under UK law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and cookie notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those notices or your use of those websites.
Unfortunately sending information via the internet is not totally secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep your information for?
We only keep your information for as long as we need it
If you have an online account with us or provide information directly to us by filling in the forms on our site we will keep your information for no more than 2 years from the date you cease to have any active accounts with us. We keep your information for this long so that we can:
- ensure we contact you with offers and promotions relevant and appropriate to you
- deal with any issues or concerns that you may have about how we handled your account
- bring or defend any legal claims.
Do we carry out profiling and automated decision making?
We do not carry out any other profiling or automated decision-making in respect of the information we automatically collect about you when you visit our site.
The profiling and automated decision-making we carry out in respect of the information we hold about you and your account is used to enable us to ensure relevant and applicable offers and promotions are sent to you by us.
What rights do you have?
Under the data protection rules, you have several rights in respect of your information, which include the right to:
- access your information
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time
- ask us to make changes to the information we hold about you to make sure that it is accurate and up to date
- delete or erase your information (sometimes called the right to be forgotten)
- stop or restrict our processing of your information
- object to our processing your information
- not be subject to automated decision-making and
- request the transfer of some of the information we hold about you (known as data portability).
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at www.scubamallorca.com or in writing to Scuba Mallorca, Carrer d’Elcano 23, 07470 Port de Pollença, Mallorca, Spain. Please note that an archive copy of any information provided to us may be retained by us for our records and for audit purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you by sending your request in writing to us at the above address.
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email and following the Preferences menu.
Making a complaint
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the way Scuba Mallorca processes your personal information, please contact us at the postal address above or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint or are still concerned about our handling of your personal information, you have a right to take your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF and www.ico.org.uk.
Changes to this notice
We will regularly review this notice and keep it updated to make sure that the information we provide you with is accurate and up to date.
We will retain previous policies which can be requested form us at Scuba Mallorca, Carrer d’Elcano 23, 07470 Port de Pollença, Mallorca, Spain.
This notice was last reviewed and updated in May 2018.