PADI SCUBA DIVER & PADI JUNIOR SCUBA DIVER
These are foundation courses where you will learn to dive in confined water under the supervision of a certified DIVEMASTER, assistant instructor or instructor. They are your gateway to PADI certification, covering modules 1, 2 and 3, and including dives 1 and 2 of the PADI OPEN WATER DIVER course.
Once you are a certified PADI SCUBA DIVER or PADI JUNIOR SCUBA DIVER you can continue and complete the remainder of the PADI OPEN WATER / JUNIOR OPEN WATER DIVER course. You can do this at any PADI dive centre. We recommend that you do this within a reasonable time after your course, as the examination for the remainder of the PADI OPEN WATER DIVER certification covers the entire manual.
Other things you need to know:
- BEFORE you can begin the course, you must complete a PADI medical statement indicating you are in good health to dive. We recommend that you consult your own personal physician before diving and receive signed, written confirmation that you are in good health to dive. This should be kept in your logbook.
- With PADI SCUBA DIVER or PADI JUNIOR SCUBA DIVER certification you can dive anywhere in the world.
- Certification is valid for the rest of your life, though if you do not dive regularly you will be asked to do a check dive and/or possibly a scuba review.
- You must dive under the supervision of a certified DIVEMASTER, assistant instructor or instructor.
- PADI SCUBA DIVER and PADI JUNIOR SCUBA DIVER certification DO NOT ALLOW you to rent equipment and dive with any certified dive buddy independent of supervision.