Due to the appearance of the new virus (SARS-CoV-2), Scuba Mallorca has adapted Hygiene rules in the centre for the safety and confidence of our divers and customers.
We enforce and ask that visitors abide by these new certain measures throughout Scuba Mallorca premises and vehicles.
- Wash hands when entering the Dive Centre with disinfectant / antibacterial hand wash.
- Keep a physical distance between the next person, avoid direct contact with other people.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth where possible.
- Practice respiratory hygiene. This includes covering your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Before entering the locker room, your body temperature will be checked to ensure that you do not have a fever or high temperature.
Disinfectant gel is available in all areas provided by Scuba Mallorca, as recommended.
Protection in the Dive Centre
According to the WHO recommendations, the use of facial masks in all our facilities is mandatory, including the boat and vehicles.
The Dive Centre’s rental equipment is disinfected according to protocol after every dive. We provide the equipment and disinfectant so that the user can carry out the assembly of their own equipment. This is compulsory and must be done after each dive. This process is to take place in the allocate wash baths once back in the centre, this included rinsing, disinfection and hanging up of equipment. Customers must perform this task on their own gear and not share the duty.
Customers who use their own equipment will be in charge of assembling and cleaning it themselves. This includes rinsing. Personal equipment is not to be mixed with the Dive centre’s equipment. We provide a fresh water hose and a specific cleaning area/time for you to perform this task.
All customers on the boat must carry out all tasks and movement with extreme care even if the space is considered open air, due to the effect of the wind transmission can travel a greater distance. Here are some general recommendations:
- Be sure to respect the physical distance enforced between each other.
- Avoid carrying on board any unnecessary equipment (only dive equipment or any other personal items for safety will be permitted).
- Avoid touching other people’s equipment and try to respect their equipment mounting area.
- Avoid removing your facial covering / mask until we arrive at the dive site. Once removed remember the healthy breathing guidelines (If you have to sneeze or cough put your mask back on or cover your mouth with a tissue or similar). Respect and protect your colleagues, it is easier for everyone. We ask that you put your mask in a secure place tied to your mounting station to avoid blowing away.
We recommend the use of special anti fog products to avoid fogging of the mask and rinse it in sea water directly. We will have this available on the boat for use and you can also purchase your own anti fog spray if you prefer. We will also sell mouth pieces and masks for users who wish to purchase their own.
Respect the distance rules when entering and leaving the water. The Instructors, Dive Masters and the Captain will help you in this process. Please listen closely to instructions provided, disinfectant gel will also be available on the boat to use.
How can buddy checks and situations such as air sharing be managed safely?
Divers should be reminded to avoid touching other divers’ equipment, especially the parts that come in close contact with the diver’s face and mouth.
A visual buddy check should be performed, with self-demonstration and clear loud verbal confirmation. If you require the assistance with your gear please ask the Dive Instructor only.
Both in an emergency and when conducting training exercises, it is recommended to use an alternate air source and avoid donating the breathing regulator to the other diver. This is of course safety permitting and should be managed based on the scenario.
We ask you to respect the local guidelines and safety distance of at least one meter from each other in all the rooms of our Dive Centre, including classrooms and locker rooms.
Access to our WC facilities is limited to dive clients only. Family or friends are not allowed to accompany divers in to the centre in order to reduce group size. Non-diving companions will only be allowed in cases of junior divers where a guardian is necessary.
Do not enter the dive centre facilities if you have any of the following symptoms, which may be related to COVID-19 infection:
- Tiredness or muscle pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Lung infections
- Loss of smell and/or taste
If in the last two weeks you have been in contact with persons affected or potentially affected by COVID-19, contact health authorities or your physician.
Entry may be limited to a limited number of customers. Dive size groups will be reduced to enable enforcement of the above safety measures.
If you require further information regarding the policy please do contact us directly.